The Ward Melville Heritage Organization’s Educational and Cultural Center in the Stony Brook Village Center is a state-of-the-art-rental that offers a wide variety of events throughout the year.
A sampling of events include:
• Annual Summer Exhibits such as “Celebrating Coney Island, America’s First Amusement Park,” “Celebrating P. T. Barnum…the Man,” and “Motorcycles & the Open Road,” with memorabilia, artwork, sculptures, displays, and speakers
• Spring and Fall Musical Theatre Performances with high tea luncheons paying tribute to the lives of famous celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and many more
• LEGO® Building Block Competition and Exhibit
• Chinese New Year Celebration
• Winter and Spring Break Programs for children
• Black History Month Educational Programs and Living History Performances such as Running Scared, Running Free: Escape to the Promised Land, which tells the riveting story of the movement of escaping slaves from the south to Long Island and north to Canada
• On-Site Adult and Youth Programs
• Video-Conference Distance Learning Programs that broadcast live to schools and groups throughout the United States
The 8,800 sq. ft., two-story, colonial style center is also available for rent. It can accommodate a total of 299 persons. The Great Room on the 1st floor has a 28-foot ceiling and can hold up to 200. The 2nd floor can accommodate 99 people in small workshop groups or in a theater style setting. There is also a 2nd Floor conference room that can hold up to 15 people. Additional fee items include: podium, microphones, sound system, grand piano (Great Room only), projector, and video conferencing equipment. The facility can be rented for corporate functions, family celebrations, seminars, and more. Please call 631-689-5888 for details.