DONATE Every Gift Makes a Difference!
The Ward Melville Heritage Organization relies on the generosity of friends like you to help us preserve our rich heritage and protect our natural resource properties.
You Can Help!
Here are just a few ways your donation will help The Ward Melville Heritage Organization continue to protect and preserve its historic and environmentally sensitive properties.
Please consider supporting us in one of the following ways:
Our ANNUAL FUND helps to maintain our Historic and Natural Resource properties.
The cost of preserving and maintaining these priceless treasures is staggering. Help us with costs associated with daily operations by making an unrestricted gift to the Annual Fund.
ADOPT A HISTORIC PROPERTY
Help preserve one of our historic treasures listed on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Properties.
- The Brewster House (c. 1665)
- The Thompson House (c. 1709)
- The Stony Brook Grist Mill (c.1751)
ADOPT A NATURAL RESOURCE PROPERTY
- WMHO’s 88 Acre Wetlands Preserve
- Help maintain The Dr. Erwin J. Ernst Marine Conservation Center at West Meadow Creek. The Marine Conservation Center is located in the heart of WMHO’s 88-acre Wetlands Preserve and houses two classrooms, a learning lab, microscopes, touch tank and video conferencing equipment.
- The 11 acre T. Bayles Minuse Mill Pond Park/ Upper Pond & Lower Pond
- The Stony Brook Village Green
- Hercules figurehead and green
FUND A CULTURAL EVENT, LIVE PERFORMANCE OR CHILDREN’S PROGRAM
Help fund our many Cultural events, Live Performances or Family programs
- High Tea Luncheon Performances
- Running Scared/Running Free (Escape to the Promised Land – The Story of the Underground Railroad) – A Live Theatrical Performance
- Long Island’s Got Talent Music Series
- Sunday Summer Concerts on the Green
- Annual Halloween Festival
- Annual Holiday Festival
Many companies offer employees a matching gift benefit that doubles and in some cases – even triples your gift. Contact your company’s human resources department or web site to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
One of the most popular and easiest planned gifts is the bequest. Many donors choose to make their ultimate gift through their will. If you already have a will, it is not necessary to rewrite your entire will to make a bequest to WMHO. You can simply instruct your attorney to prepare a codicil – an amendment – to your current will. A bequest can specify how the gift is to be used, such as for general purposes or for a specific property or program. If you are interested in discussing this further with us please call the WMHO President or Development Director at 631-751-2244.
The Ward Melville Heritage Organization is a 501 (c)(3) corporation. Your donation is fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Please make your secure online tax deductible contribution by clicking the “Donate” button. We accept credit cards, debit cards and Pay Pal.